- Client: Hobson & Porter
- Sector: Mechanical & Electrical
- Install: Dixon Integrated Services
- Location: MRI Unit, Diana Princess of Wales Hospital, Grimsby
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning system (HVAC)
- Medical gas piping
- Hot and cold-water system
- Processed chilled water system
- Low temperature & hot water heating
- Condensed steam energy systems
What We Did
To provide an improved patient experience, this state-of-the-art MRI facility had to complete on time and budget.
And even though they worked against the backdrop of tighter restrictions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, our Dixon Integrated Services team managed to deliver the goods.
As part of this complex Plant Room and M&E development, we installed new heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems, medical gas piping, condensed steam energy systems and a wide range of intricate plumbing.
At the peak of the nine-month project, which we completed in May 2021, we regularly had 15 men on site, working in partnership with other trades and contractors.
The £8.84m suite, scheduled to open in Spring 2021, aims to reduce waiting times and allow cancer patients to be diagnosed faster.
Kirk Dixon, Commercial Director at Dixon Group, said: “To be part of a team which has developed and handed over a much-needed hospital facility in the midst of a pandemic is really uplifting for everyone involved."